A Simple Meal With Endless Possibilities
I would like to share with you a quick, easy and cheap meal that has become a staple in our household. Pizza night has become a dinner that we all look forward to, with an eight and six year old this isn’t something that can be stated very often.
Three simple ingredients is all it takes to make a meal, but the additional topping options are endless. At its core, pizza is a vegetarian meal, and depending on the toppings that you choose it could stay that way, or become a meat lovers dream.
A hot pizza, and a movie makes this meal more of a party, and creates great, non-corona memories.
Ingredients per pizza
1 package – Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix
5 to 8 oz. – Canned Pizza Sauce
5 to 8 oz, – Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Additional toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the pizza crust mix in a medium bowl with ½ cup of Hot (not boiling) water, until it forms a solid dough ball.
- Cover the bowl with the dough and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Flour your prep station and hands; press the dough into a 12” circle.
- Spread sauce over the dough, followed by cheese and your desired toppings.
- Bake for 12 to 17 minutes, rotating halfway through.
The combined ingredients cost of each pizza, minus the endless topping combinations that you can add to this recipe is about $3 per pizza. Two pizzas easily feed our family of four for less than $10 total. It’s hard to beat that!
Feel free to get creative with the toppings as well, just because it has never been done before doesn’t mean it won’t become your new favorite topping. You want to throw some chocolate covered pretzels on there, go ahead. Every vegetable you can find in the refrigerator, have at it. Taco pizza, that works too. Pop a 12” pizza in the oven that has different ingredients on every slice if you like.